List of Arizona railroads
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Class I Railroads
Shortline and Terminal Railroads
- Apache Railway (APA)
- Arizona and California Railroad (ARZC)
- Arizona Central Railroad (AZCR)
- Arizona Eastern Railway (AZER)
- Copper Basin Railway (CBRY)
- Port of Tucson Railroad (POT)
- Kingman Terminal Railroad (KGTR)
- San Manuel Arizona Railroad (SMA)
- San Pedro Valley Railroad (SPVR)
- Amtrak (AMTK): Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle
- Valley Metro Rail
- Tempe Streetcar
- Sun Link
- Old Pueblo Trolley
Heritage and Scenic Railroads
Industrial Rail Operations
- Black Mesa and Lake Powell Railroad (BMLP)
- Drake Switching Company
- Freeport McMoRan Railroad
- Private freight carriers
- Apache Lumber Company
- Arizona Lumber and Timber Company
- Cady Lumber Company
- Congress Gold Company
- Coronado Railroad
- Flagstaff Lumber Manufacturing Company
- Helvetia Copper Company
- Kennecott Copper Corporation
- Morenci Industrial Railway
- Saginaw and Manistee Lumber Company
- Six Companies, Inc.
- Southwest Forest Industries
- Southwest Lumber Mills, Inc.
- Tombstone and Southern Railroad
- Passenger carriers
- Douglas Street Railway
- Douglas Traction and Light Company
- Phoenix Railway
- Phoenix Railway of Arizona
- Phoenix Street Railway
- Prescott and Mount Union Railway
- Tucson Rapid Transit Company
- Tucson Street Railway
- Warren Company
- Warren–Bisbee Railway
- This is one or more of the Class I railroads that the railroad became part of, if any.
- Arizona Department of Transportation (2000). "AZ DOT Rail Report" (PDF). Fact Book. ADOT. Retrieved March 23, 2006.
- Association of American Railroads (2004). "Railroad Service in Arizona" (PDF). AAR. Retrieved March 23, 2006.
- Hilton, George W. (1990). American Narrow Gauge Railroads. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press. ISBN 0-8047-2369-9.
- Myrick, David F. (1975). Railroads of Arizona - Volume 1: The Southern Roads. Berkeley, California: Howell-North Books. ISBN 0-8310-7111-7.
- Pearsall, Marc (2002). "Map of Arizona Railroads" (PDF). Railroads of Arizona (2002) Includes abandoned lines and historical lines surveys. Arizona Railway Museum. Retrieved March 13, 2006.
- Robertson, Donald B. (1986). Encyclopedia of Western Railroad History - The Desert States: Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah. Caldwell, Idaho: The Caxton Printers. ISBN 0-87004-305-6.
- Stindt, Fred A. (1996). American Shortline Railway Guide (5th ed.). Waukesha, Wisconsin: Kalmbach Publishing. ISBN 0-89024-290-9.
- Walker, Mike (1995). Steam Powered Video's Comprehensive Railroad Atlas of North America - Arizona & New Mexico. Kent, United Kingdom: Steam Powered Publishing. ISBN 1-874745-04-8.